Kitchener Oakland is a young commercial kitchen located in a prime, central, and burgeoning location in Uptown Oakland. It's close to the excitement of the First Friday Oakland Art Murmur; in the proximity of great restaurants such as Mua, Hawker Fare, Pican, and Trueburger; and is within walking distance from Whole Foods, Lake Merritt, The New Parkway Theater, and 19th Street BART.
We're seeking food entrepreneurs and artisans who love the art of food and who are looking for an inspiring home base to cook, bake, and create. In particular, we're looking for food artisans to occupy our kitchen space who pay particular attention to sourcing local and organic ingredients as a basis for their food craft.
The 1500 square foot bakery kitchen is available for monthly rental for food artisans, caterers, and cooks (food tents and food carts are okay, no food trucks)
If you're interested in becoming a Kitchener Artisan, please fill out this form.
The kitchen includes:
- Large walk-in cooler
- Large walk-in freezer
- 6 burner stove (boiling and sauteeing only; no deep frying or heavy oily cooking allowed)
- 4 Montague convection ovens
- Hobart 60 quart mixer with paddle, dough hook, and whisk attachments
- 2 Hobart 20 quart mixers with paddle, dough hook, and whisk attachments
- 2 KitchenAid Professional Series 6 quart mixers with paddle, whisk, and dough hook attachments
- Commercial grade microwave
- Small Somerset single-pass sheeter
- Taylor baking scales
- Stand blender, Vitamix, immersion blender, food processors
- Reverse osmosis tap (100 gallons per day)
- Stainless steel and maple top work benches and counters
- Dry storage
- Three compartment sink
- Produce sink